Objective: The overall objective is to support the Albanian institutions to implement the justice reform by strengthening the independence, transparency, efficiency, accountability and public trust in the Albanian justice system in line with the EU acquis and best practices.
- The organisational, analytical, policy making and legislative capacities of the MoJ are improved and the legislative framework in the area of justice with a view of bringing it closer to EU standards and best practices are developed.
- The organisational and managerial structure is set up and the capacities of the governance bodies of the judicial and prosecutorial system are built respective their competences as well as a real career development system for judges and prosecutors based on merits and transparent proceedings in line with European standards and best practices is established.
- The organisational and managerial structure of the court/prosecution system is set up/aligned in accordance with the law and their structural and procedural independence, transparency, efficiency and effectiveness, including assisting the work of the Specialized Anti-corruption Courts and the Special AntiCorruption and Organized Crime Structure is strengthened.
- The IT systems in principal judicial and prosecutorial institutions are extended and maintained in order to improve the efficiency, transparency and management of courts, prosecution offices and other bodies within the justice system.
- The capacity of the SoM and other training institutions responsible for training of (judicial) civil servants at courts and prosecution offices, lawyers, notaries and bailiffs is increased as well the managerial capacities and democratic and transparent procedures of chambers of free legal professions strengthened.