Objective: The overall objective is to strengthen the independence, transparency, efficiency, accountability and public trust in the Albanian justice system in line with the EU acquis and best practices.
- A justice system strategy with a concrete action plan for the period 2014 – 2017 and with a view to guaranteeing independence, transparency and efficiency is in place
- Professionalism and accountability of the services of the MoJ and subordinate authorities are enhanced
- Access to courts is open to anyone, i.e. there are no barriers for example for indigent people and/or members of minorities
- Transparency of judicial proceedings is enhanced, i.e. the general public has better information about court activities, enhancing their trust
- Decisions taken by the High Council of Justice regarding the status of judges (i.e. appointment, promotion and disciplinary measures) are taken on objective and transparent criteria in line with EU standards
- Independence, efficiency and effectiveness of the High Court have been improved ensuring that the court can fulfill its constitutional task to provide guidance to all other Albanian courts by unifying the judicial practice
- Issues pertaining to judicial cooperation among stakeholders of the Albanian justice system and international partners are managed in a more coherent manner