The project aims to strengthen the functioning of the public Internal Audit system in Latvia. The project will also improve the professional capacity of public Internal Auditors and create an Internal Audit culture in the public administration, notably at local level.
- Developing the Internal Control System and Internal Audit in local governments
- Implementing the Public Internal Audit Strategy 2023-2027
- Implementing the reform of National Certification System of Internal Auditors in the public sector
- Strengthening the Internal Audit in the public administration with a focus on performance auditing;
- Strengthening the Internal Audit of Internal Control Systems of institutions responsible for the implementation of the National Recovery and Resilience Plan